Add-on: Tidy and Dropbox
What is Dropbox?
Dropbox is a cloud storage service that keeps your files secure, synced and easy to share, if you choose to. Convenient, cross platform access to files was, to many, one of the earliest benefits of the cloud. Whilst there are now many other similar services available, Dropbox was one of the first and has a solid reputation and really good integrating tools available for other cloud solutions, such as Tidy. Building a Tidy connector to this brilliant file sharing & file backup solution was an easy decision!
Dropbox is a cloud storage service for sharing and storing files including photos, documents and videos that allows access to documents from different devices. Make Dropbox documents available in Tidy, to team members who need them, when they need them…
The Tidy team’s top five reason to integrate Tidy and Dropbox
- Convenient and fast access to your synced files across all platforms
- View related document/files from within your project in Tidy
- Tidy’s partners are familiar with Dropbox
- Access to your Dropbox-synced project files while on site
- Permission to add and annotate photos while out on site can be made available to all Tidy users approved to see those photos.
Tidy allows you to view your files from within your project console. Tapping on a file will open the correct app for that file format on your device. Amend, add or remove files; this will be updated in both Tidy and Dropbox.
How do you integrate Tidy with Dropbox?
Step 1. Sign in to your Tidy account
Step 2. Go to 'Global Settings' at the top of your browser window
Step 3. Select the 'Companies' icon and proceed to the 'Document Management Setup' tab
Step 4. Press the green 'connect' button; this will take you to the Dropbox website. Allow Tidy to connect with your Dropbox account
Read more about the Dropbox integration on our support pages.
If you don't use Dropbox, you can sign up to a free and secure Dropbox account.
If you would like help with setting up, the team at Tidy can help you configure and optimise Tidy. We are no experts on other solutions. Tidy’s cloud integration partners all around the world will fill that gap. Find the integration partner nearest you.
Summarising the benefits of the Dropbox and TidyWork connector
- Convenient access to synced files related to each project
- Added functionality on your devices, e.g. to annotate and update files
- Take photos and add them to projects
- Approved users have access to the project files and updates