Add-on: Microsoft Project
The Tidy team’s top five reasons to integrate Tidy and Microsoft Projects
- Continue to use software you are familiar with and get more functionality by integrating Tidy
- Microsoft Project tasks are linked to Tidy 'activities', giving you better overview of your projects and colleagues' progress
- Export your Gantt chart into Tidy
- Re-use a modified version of an existing project plan created in Microsoft Project
- Eliminate delays of obtaining task updates from your staff members to update Microsoft Projects. Staff can write time, materials and expenses directly against the project from Tidy which updates the project bars in Microsoft Project
Microsoft Project helps you to build-up and plan projects. Stay organised and keep your projects on track with a project management system designed to work seamlessly with other Microsoft applications and cloud services.
So, why are we featuring what could appear to be somewhat of a competitor to Tidy? The two systems provide different functionality to assist you with running and managing your projects. Tidy integrates seamlessly with the software you already use, and extends the functionality of Microsoft Project, making it more valuable to you as a project management tool.
Our help team will help you through the simple process of installing the connector. Once you've completed the steps, simply restart Microsoft Project and a Tidy tab will appear along the top.
Here are the Tidy help articles describing the above process.
If you want to integrate your existing project management tool with Tidy but do not use Microsoft Project, a developer can use the TidyWork API to integrate with your preferred software of choice. Read more about our developer API.
The team at Tidy can help you configure and optimise Tidy, but are no experts on other solutions. Tidy has cloud integration partners all around the world that will fill that gap. Find the integration partner nearest you.
Summarizing the benefits of the Microsoft Project and Tidy connector
- Import your Tidy resource information into your MS Project file.
- Any existing project in Microsoft Project can be exported into Tidy in a few clicks. All your tasks, milestones and time-frames will come across and sit inside Tidy.
- As work progresses on tasks, it's easy to keep your Gantt Chart up to date. Sync in seconds, and tasks in your plan will show percentage of completion, and any updated time-frames.