Here are our frequently asked questions around policy, billing and licensing:
1. Can I evaluate a product for free before purchasing it?
Yes. Tidy offers you the ability to try a fully functional version of our cloud products for an initial period of 14 days.
2. Can I extend my trial if I need more time?
Yes. You can extend your trial by sending our team a request before your trial ends. You can request further extensions of your trial for up to a maximum of 60 days.
3. Can I convert my trial into a full production version ready for my organisation to use day to day at any time during my trial period?
Yes. You can sign up at any time using either a credit/debit card or paying by bank transfer.
Although Tidy evaluations include access to online Technical Support, please note we do not provide data backups for trial evaluations, only for subscribers.
4. Do I need to connect to Xero?
TidyStock – yes.
TidyWork and TidyBuild – no.
If using Xero, you should connect your trial to a demo version of Xero. Once the demo data is cleared, you should connect your trial to your production version of Xero.
5. Can I request a refund if I have converted my trial to a production version and then find it is not right for me?
Yes, refunds are only available within seven days of initial sign up.
After seven days, no. Tidy provides you a free evaluation, including all extensions up to a maximum of 60 days. We offer this to give you time to ensure your Tidy product is right for you and your team. This includes free online help and a forum to allow you to ask questions. When you convert your trial to a production version, you are confirming the trial suits you. If you choose a monthly billing plan, you are entitled to stop your subscription at any time (note there is a one full billing month notice period, after which your use ends as does your subscription/invoicing).
Pricing and Discounts
1. How much do Tidy products cost?
A Tidy subscription has a user element and a company element. The user element depends on the type of user (Manager or Team) and the number of each of those users. The company element depends on the features you require.
You must ensure your country or location is entered correctly, as this determines the correct pricing and currency.
See the pricing for each Tidy product:
2. What training solutions are available?
We offer website or onsite training. These are dependent on your requirements, so please e-mail your training request to: email@example.com and then we can discuss any specific needs with you.
3. Does Tidy offer any discounts?
Our goal is to make Tidy solutions available at the best price. We publish our subscription prices openly to everyone so there's no guessing or uncertainty around what you're buying and how much it cost. If however, you believe your requirements differ from the pricing options we provide, then we ask that you discuss your requirements with us. Email sales from our contact page.
If your organisation is a not-for-profit, we have a pricing programme called TidyGiving. Tidy offers special pricing for 'Non-Profit' organisations. Please refer to the TidyGiving section and read how it works.
4. Are there any discounts for government organisations?
Possibly. We are happy to discuss your needs, please talk to us.
5. Are there any discounts for academic institutions?
6. Does Tidy offer reseller discounts?
Yes. We have a TidyStart programme for our partners.
1. What is the process for ordering Tidy products?
Choose the product you are interested in and start a free trial. Once you are happy, please click on the “Sign Up Now” button within your trial to activate your account.
2. How can I request a quote?
Please review the plans and pricing, then contact Sales with any questions.
3. How can I pay an outstanding invoice?
We accept payment by credit/debit card or bank transfer to the bank account shown on your invoice. Please contact us by phone or email to provide your credit card details if you have not supplied the details previously.
4. Are there any applicable taxes?
Tidy (NZ) Ltd is an NZ-based company with a branch in Australia. As such, Tidy (NZ) Ltd must collect GST from all New Zealand and Australian based customers. Similarly, Tidy (UK) Ltd is an UK-based company and must collect VAT from all UK based customers.
Payments and Refunds
1. Which payment methods are accepted, and what are your payment terms?
We accept payment by:
- Credit Card - (Mastercard, Visa or American Express). Please contact us by phone or email to provide your credit card details if you have not supplied the details previously.
- Bank Transfer - to the bank account shown on your invoice.
Payment for subscription invoices is due upon receipt of invoice. Professional Service invoices are due for payment 14 days from date of invoice.
2. My Visa card is showing two transactions, it looks like I was double charged
Check the reference details as we always put the invoice number in the reference. If you have further queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with full details and we investigate for you.
3. How can I pay an outstanding quote or invoice?
We accept payment by credit/debit card or bank transfer to the bank account shown on your invoice. Please contact us by phone or email to provide your credit card details if you have not supplied the details previously
4. I am in Europe. Will a bank transfer work?
Yes, however we find our European customers prefer to pay by credit card.
5. Do you include Tax in the prices listed on the website?
No. All our prices are shown as tax exclusive
6. Can I get a refund, exchange or upgrade after purchasing a product license?
We will only provide a refund with the first seven days following purchase. If you need to upgrade to TidyWork Enterprise, please talk to us. We do not offer exchanges.
7. Can I sign up for automatic renewals?
Your subscription is automatically renewed each month, or annually if you are on an annual plan.
1. What kind of support does Tidy offer?
We offer online support using the “Support” tab within your software. There is also online help and videos which should be searched before using the Support tab.
1. How are users counted in Tidy licenses?
A user may never log in, however if there is time written against their name, they are considered a user.
Deactivated users are not charged for.
2. Do you offer developer licences?
No, we do not offer developer licences. However, a developer may set up a free trial for evaluation purposes.
3. Can I combine multiple licenses to increase the number of licensed users I have for a single instance?
Yes, we will deactivate the inactive licences once all the users and information have been combined in the ‘combined’ licence.
Managing My Account
1. How do I change the email address on Tidy?
Go to Global Settings > Users and edit the email address for the User.
2. How can I change the billing contact for my Tidy subscription products?
Use the Support button (at the bottom right of your Tidy screen).
3. How do I change the credit card for my Tidy subscription?
There is no facility to do this currently. You can send an email with all the details to email@example.com or request a phone call.
4. How can I update contact information on my Tidy account?
For accounts contact details and change of address, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For user contact information, please go to Global Settings > Users and edit User email.
5. How can I change or reset my Tidy password?
Go to Global Settings > Users to change your password
6. Where can I access my open quotes or paid invoices?
Go to the Quotes page to review the status of quotes. Paid invoices will only appear in Xero.
7. How do I close my Tidy account?
Read the Terms and send an email to email@example.com with your 30 days’ notice request to cancel.
1. What upgrade paths are available?
You can upgrade your plan by contacting us.
You may also upgrade from TidyStock to TidyWork Enterprise.
Customisations and Professional Services
1. Can I request a feature?
If you require a feature specific to your business or require a feature request urgently, we can arrange for it to be developed upon payment of an advancement fee. See Services for more details.
2. Does Tidy have a Professional Services team who can assist with on-site training, implementation or software customizations?
Yes. Send requests through via the Support button (at the bottom right of your Tidy screen) and our Professional Services team will make contact.
Tidy Partner Program
1. Is it possible to join the Tidy partner program?
Yes. See TidyStart.
2. Does Tidy have any partners in my local area?
Our partner program is currently being reviewed and we are looking at increasing our partner network. Please enquire if you are looking for a local partner.